Effective as of 5/11/2022.
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share your Personal Information
- Your Choices
- Other sites, mobile applications and services
- Security practices
- International data transfers
- How to Contact Us
- Your California Privacy Rights
Personal Information We CollectInformation you provide to us. Personal information you provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Profile information, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us, your home address and preferences.
- Registration information, such as information that may be related to a service, an account or an event you register for.
- Content you choose to upload to the Service, such as text, images, audio, files, and video, along with the metadata associated with the files you upload.
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online.
- Transaction information, such as information about payments to and from you and other details of products or services you have purchased from us.
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Service and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload to the websites or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Service.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications
- provide, operate and improve the Service
- provide information about our products and services
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications
- provide support and maintenance for the Service
- to respond to your requests, questions and feedback
Other sites, mobile applications and servicesThe Service may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites, mobile applications and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services you use.
Security practicesThe security of your personal information is important to us. We employ a number of organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfersWe are headquartered in the United States and have service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, or country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
ChildrenAs a general rule, children are not allowed to use the Service, and we do not collect personal information from them. We define “children” as anyone under 13 years old.If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian, we will delete it. We encourage parents with concerns to contact us.
How to Contact UsPlease direct any questions or comments about this Policy or privacy practices to Legal@porchpals.com. You may also write to us via postal mail at: PorchPals Attn: Legal – Privacy 105 Westpark Dr. Suite 190 Brentwood, TN 37027
Your California Privacy RightsUnder California Civil Code section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us via email at email@example.com. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in your request and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
- policies. (§2.5)
- If you stop using Platform, promptly delete all user data you have received from us (absent explicit
- within your app. (§3.13)
- If people log in with email addresses or phone numbers, your use of that data is subject to your
- You will comply with all applicable privacy laws and regulations including those applying to PII. (§3.d)
- If your Service adds location information to users’ Tweets or Periscope Broadcasts: (a) disclose when you add location information, whether as a geotag or annotations data, and whether you add a place or specific coordinates. (§I.C.9)
- members download or access your Application. (§5.1)
- Your privacy practices must meet applicable legal standards and accurately disclose the
- collection, use, storage and sharing of data. (§5.1)
- If your Application is an enterprise application, you must enter into customer agreements with
- your enterprise customers that describe how you will be accessing LinkedIn accounts and Content
- on the customer’s behalf. (§5.1)
- that impact or may impact [LinkedIn] Members. (§5.1)
- Before obtaining information from [LinkedIn] Members, you must obtain their legally valid
- consent which, at a minimum, shall include: (a) how their data will be used, (b) when it will be collected (e.g. will the Application pull a Member’s Profile Data more than once); and (c) how a user can withdraw their consent. The consent must be freely given (in accordance with applicable law) and given by a statement or a clear affirmative action. When a particular Member’s Member token and OAuth Access Token expires, you must obtain that Member’s consent again in order to continue to collect and store their data. (§5.2)